Audition Call for Cascade Community Theatre’s Fall 2013 Production of: The Game’s Afoot by Ken Ludwig
Audition Location and Dates
Duvall Visitor and Centennial Center (old Duvall library location)
15619 Main Street NE
Duvall, WA 98019
Monday August 19th, 7–9pm
Thrusday August 22th 7-9pm
5 Women, 3 Men
Rehearsals will begin the following week at the same location and time (Mon and Thurs 7-9pm)
The production will run October 17th – 26th.
The audition will consist of cold readings from the script. A monologue is NOT required.
To sign up, please call or e-mail your availability to:
We will also accept walk-ins, time permitting.
It is December 1936 and Broadway star William Gillette, admired the world over for his leading role in the play Sherlock Holes, has invited his fellow cast-members to his Connecticut castle for a weekend of revelry. But when one of the guests is stabbed to death, the festivities in this isolated house of tricks and mirrors quickly turn dangerous. Then it’s up to Gillette himself, as he assumes the persona of his beloved Holmes, to track down the killer before the next victim appears. The danger and hilarity are non-stop in this glittering whodunit set during the Christmas holidays.
The women are:
– Martha Gillette: Older woman in her 70s. Mother of William. “somewhat vague and dithering”.
– Madge Geisel: Actress. Wife to Felix Geisel. early 40s. “flamboyant and wry in a Rosalind Russel smart-mouthed-gal-about-town sort of way”
– Aggie Wheeler: Actress, recently married to Simon. 25 years old. “Beautiful, bright-eyed and full of spunk.”
– Daria Chase: Play Critic. early 30s. “Gorgeous, glamorous”, “sense of humor” quick wit and jabbing pokes.
– Harriet Goring: Inspector. mid 40s. “British, eccentric, one of a kind. One minute she seems wry and clever; the next minute she’s off into a world of her own.”
The men are:
– William Gillette: Actor. He’s a famous Sherlock Holmes actor and became the face of Sherlock Holmes in his day. early 40s. “smartly dressed, good-humored, full of irony and life.”
– Felix Geisel: Actor. Williams long time friend. early 40s. He is “histrionic and arch in a Lionel Barrymore / Sir Toby Belch sort of way”.
– Simon Bright: Actor. recently married to Aggie. 25 years old. “sweet and enthusiastic”.
Thank you and we look forward to seeing you at auditions!